FAQ for Vendors
Firstly, you need to complete the Vendor Registration form here.
After registering, you simply follow our first-time setup wizard, completing 4 easy steps. (Don’t worry, you can skip the steps you are not ready for, completing them in your Shop Settings later.) Remember to keep your login and password details safe.
Download our Spotz Vendor Checklist so you can get some basic assets ready before you start.
The Spotz online marketplace offers a space for businesswomen, particularly Mums, to sell their products and grow their customer base.
But, whatever you do, please don’t sell anything inappropriate, icky, or illegal, like the following:
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs or drug-related, and anything medicinal (while we love a good glass of wine from time to time, best to keep this stuff offline)
- Dangerous or violent items (if it’s sharp or you wouldn’t give it to your kids, then it’s probably not suitable)
- Anything filled with hatred towards anyone (we’re a sisterhood filled with love here)
- Illegal items (if you’re unsure, then the answer is probably ‘no’)
- Internationally regulated items (we don’t want to see any of your items appearing on Border Patrol)
- Pornography and mature content
Have you seen a listing that probably shouldn’t be there? Please let us know ASAP by contacting us here.
At Spotz, it’s free to create an e-shop and set up listings. Yep, that’s right!
Spotz handles the checkout process for the customer, and then we pass on the full shipping fee and your sales earnings once the order is marked as Complete.
When you sell a product we ask for a commission fee of 9% + GST (per sale). This transaction fee is automatically deducted from each sale. You’re also responsible for all third party transactions and bank fees that are charged by the payment gateways, and these will be deducted from your sales earnings as well (3% for payments to and from PayPal and Stripe).
If you don’t pay our transaction fees, your payment method fails, we’ll be in touch. But if we’re unable to sort things out, we might need to suspend or terminate your shop. And trust us – we don’t wanna do that!
If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to reach out to us here.
First of all – yay!
When someone makes a purchase, Spotz hands the full responsibility over to you to take action.
You’ll receive an Order notification email with all the important details, such as the item, and the buyer’s name and shipping address. The Order will also appear in your Spotz Dashboard – here you can view the contact and shipping details, and edit at the customers request if necessary. Then it’s up to you to send your product safely out into the world and ensure all your buyers are happy campers!
You’ve got a couple of options:
- PayPal – Money lands in your PayPal account – and patiently waits there until you transfer it over to your bank account.
- Stripe – Money goes straight to your Stripe account – ready for transferring.
All Shop owners are responsible for shipping and you will need to set up your Shipping in your Shop Settings. The shipping fee is charged to the customer at the checkout and passed onto you, the Shop owner, so it is vital you decide who you will use to ship and the correct shipping costs so you are not out of pocket.