FAQ for Vendors
Firstly, you need to complete the Vendor Registration form here.
After registering, you simply follow our first-time setup wizard, completing 4 easy steps. (Don’t worry, you can skip the steps you are not ready for, completing them in your Shop Settings later.) Remember to keep your login and password details safe.
Download our Spotz Vendor Checklist so you can get some basic assets ready before you start.
Whatever you do, please don’t sell anything inappropriate, icky, or illegal, like the following:
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs or drug-related, and anything medicinal (while we love a good glass of wine from time to time, best to keep this stuff offline)
- Dangerous or violent items (if it’s sharp or you wouldn’t give it to your kids, then it’s probably not suitable)
- Anything filled with hatred towards anyone (we’re a sisterhood filled with love here)
- Illegal items (if you’re unsure, then the answer is probably ‘no’)
- Internationally regulated items (we don’t want to see any of your items appearing on Border Patrol)
- Pornography and mature content
Have you seen a listing that probably shouldn’t be there? Please let us know ASAP by contacting us here.
At Spotz, it’s free to create an e-shop and set up listings. Yep, that’s right!
You need to have or set up a Paypal or Stripe account in order to collect your sales proceeds. When an item sells, a 13% transaction fee, calculated on the total price of the transaction, is applied. This transaction fee includes all Third Party and Bank Fees plus our commission fees (9%).
We will automatically deduct our Transaction Fees from any sales. We may discount or offer free listings and reduce or waive our Transaction Fees from time to time. If you don’t pay any Transaction Fees, without prejudice to any other right or remedy we may be entitled to under this Agreement or by law, we may suspend or terminate your Membership. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to reach out to us here.
First of all – yay!
When someone makes a purchase, Spotz hands the full responsibility over to you to take action.
You’ll receive an Order notification email with all the important details, such as the item, and the buyer’s name and shipping address. The Order will also appear in your Spotz Dashboard – here you can view the contact and shipping details, and edit at the customers request if necessary. Then it’s up to you to send your product safely out into the world and ensure all your buyers are happy campers!
You’ve got a couple of options:
- PayPal – Money lands in your PayPal account – and patiently waits there until you transfer it over to your bank account.
- Stripe – Money goes straight to your Stripe account – ready for transferring.
All Shop owners are responsible for shipping and you will need to set up your Shipping in your Shop Settings. The shipping fee is charged to the customer at the checkout and passed onto you, the Shop owner, so it is vital you decide who you will use to ship and the correct shipping costs so you are not out of pocket.