This policy outlines the way we at Spotz Pty Ltd (ABN 34640432088) collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT IT?
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect is generally limited to:
- business information;
- credit card or direct debit details;
- date of birth;
- drivers licence;
- job information;
- name and contact details;
- place of birth;
- any communications we have.
However, we may also collect:
- sensitive information from you with your consent, such as where we ask for information about your membership of professional or trade associations, membership of trade unions, philosophical beliefs, political membership, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations and sexual preferences; and
- financial information; and
- information about how you use our website, via third parties.
How do we collect your personal information?
The main way we collect information is when you give it to us, for example, via our website sign up or other forms, via phone, email, when you submit comments or feedback or via social media.
However, we may also collect personal information from.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We need your personal information to:
- communicate with you in relation to your enquiry;
- verify your identity for security purposes;
- send you news if you have signed up (you can unsubscribe at any time);
- conduct our business, and enable your use of our website, products and services; and
- in some cases to comply with our legal obligations, such as record keeping.
We also collect personal information to analyse and enhance our business operations and improve your experience with our business. This is used as statistical information to analyse traffic to our website, and to customise content and advertising we provide.
You can opt out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out. To opt out you can go here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To change your Facebook ad preferences you can go here:
Where we collect your financial information, we use it to help you pay for our products and services. Only the staff that need to know this information have access to it, and we only keep it as long as it is necessary. We use SSL certificates to verify your identity, and encrypt any data you give us. All financial information is encrypted on our servers and we do not keep all your data (to prevent unauthorised and duplicated transactions). We do not keep any details of your direct debit, and all information is sent to our bank for processing.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW YOU CAN ACCESS IT?
When do we disclose your personal information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification. It is kept securely and accessible only to authorised personnel. Information is kept in accordance with our legal record-keeping obligations and then destroyed appropriately. We generally will not disclose your personal information unless:
- you consent;
- it is required or authorised by law*; or
- it is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes for which we collect it.
* This can include where we are of the reasonable belief that there is a serious risk to life, health or safety of you or another person. For example, if there is evidence of clear danger of harm to self and/or others, we may be legally required to report this information to the authorities responsible for ensuring safety. This includes if there is a strong suspicion of physical or sexual abuse or emotional, or neglect or exposure to family violence of any person under 18 years of age. A court order could also require the us to release information contained in records.
However, we do disclose your personal information where it is necessary to obtain third party services, such as analytics, data storage, payment service providers or marketing and advertising services. To protect your personal information we endeavour to ensure that our third-party service providers also comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, but some third parties we use may collect, hold and process personal information overseas. You can opt out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out.
How can you access or delete your information?
If you want access to your information to correct or have it deleted please email us at email@example.com. Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold it, we will help you. If you consider that we have breached any privacy laws please also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner phone on 1300 363 992, online at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a- privacy-complaint or post to: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS FOR EUROPEAN CITIZENS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) you have certain rights and protections under the GDPR regarding the processing of your personal information. We are a controller under the GDPR as we collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our website services and information about them.
We rely on the following lawful means of processing your personal information:
- where you have given us valid express consent to use your personal information we will rely on that consent, and only use the personal or sensitive information for the specific purpose for which you have given consent;
- where we need comply with the law, or act to in an emergency, we will rely on that lawful means of processing your personal information.
If you are an EEA resident, you have various rights including the right to be informed; right of access; right to rectification; right to object; right to restriction of processing; right to erasure or to be forgotten; right to data portability; and right not to be subject to automated processing. If you want to access personal information we hold about you, or ask if that the information be corrected, please contact us at email@example.com. In some circumstances, you also have a right to object to or ask that we restrict certain processing activities or delete your personal information. If you would like to limit or request deletion of your personal information or exercise any other rights you can do so by contacting us. You can withdraw your consent to our collection or processing of your personal information. You can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting out of email newsletter communications by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking unsubscribe. If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you may not have access to our services, and we might not be able to provide you with our services. In some circumstances where we have a legal basis to do so we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent, for example if it is necessary to comply with an independent legal obligation or if it is necessary to do so to protect our legitimate interest in keeping our services secure.
All personal information stored on our website platform is treated as confidential. It is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. Our collection is limited in relation to what is necessary, for the purpose for which the personal information is processed, and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was collected. We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure. We ensure the encryption and pseudonymisation of personal information and we have adequate cyber security measures in place. By providing us with your personal information you consent to us disclosing it to third parties who reside outside the EEA countries. We will ensure that those third parties are GDPR compliant.