Natural Silk Sea Sponges
Size: 2.5” – 3”
Why do we buy Natural Fine Silk Sea Sponges?
- Responsibly hand-harvested in the Mediterranean Sea, Greece. By these responsible practices, we are supporting minimal disruption to the sponge’s natural habitat where collection follows the standards protection of the natural regenerative system. Studies show that areas responsibly harvested actually increase the population density of sponges.
- Our organic sea sponges can be used multiple times and last for years with proper care.
- Sponges are a biodegradable, renewable resource.
- No chemicals are used in the farming process.
- 100% biodegradable and home compostable.
- Silky smooth in texture, it is ideal for facial deep cleansing for those with delicate or sensitive skin.
- Don’t hold mould or bacteria so it will avoid any skin infections like acne or blackhead.
- Contains minerals that nourish and benefit the skin. These include, but are not limited to calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc, and potassium.
- Perfect for face gentle exfoliation removing dead skin cells, revealing youth, and a fresher-looking skin underneath.
- There are many benefits for your face cleansing routine as it helps to gently remove the built up dead skin on your face leaving your skin extremely clean & glowing and best of all its 100% biodegradable.
Sea Sponges care:
- it can last years if taken care of properly:
- Rinse your sponge after each use without leaving any water or product.
- Leave somewhere where they can totally dry out.
- To keep your sponge super healthy every two weeks soak your sponge in warm water with a tbs of baking soda for an hour.
Each pack includes two fine silk sea sponges, a cotton storage pouch and an instruction leaflet. Each sponge measures in diameter and can be trimmed to size.
SUSTAINABLE BEAUTY IMPACT
On average, a person will use approximately 2 to 4 disposable pads per day to clean their face meaning each year, they send 1,440 pads to landfill. These disposable pads then take another 5 years to decompose (assuming the conditions are right for decomposition) and in the meantime more and more are being contributed each day.